A Trip to Singapore
Singapore also known as Lion City is one of the most prominent country if Asia.
It’s very different from most of the Asian countries which wide range of tourist attraction, delightful culinary experiences, state of the art accommodation and exciting life.
Here is my Singapore travel guide filled with travel tips to plan your travel better
How to Reach
Singapore Changi Airport if one of the best airports in the world. Connected with most of the countries in the world. Singapore Country Airline – Singapore Airline provide you the best flying experience in the sky.
- Daily flights from Delhi to Singapore.
- Flying time 5:30 Hours.
- Most of the local can speak Tamil, Mandarin and English. English is the most proficient language.
- Singapore Dollar (SGD) is the currency of Singapore. 1 SGD = 53 INR
- Cash and Cards are widely accepted in Singapore.
- Singapore is one of the most expensive countries of the world.
Temperature in Singapore is constant throughout the year. Generally, ranges from 24 to 32 degree Celsius.
- Singapore is small country. 50 KM wide and 28 km long, but still there are lots of places to explore. Marina Bay Sands, Little India, Sentosa are few of major tourist attractions.
- Metro is the most convenient way to travel. Metro Pass give you lots of flexibility in travelling from one place to another
Singapore has many options to stay from normal to super luxury hotels. During my multiple visits to Singapore I have stayed in many hotels.
- Marina bay Sands – one of the most luxurious hotels in Singapore. Famous for infinity pool and many famous restaurants. Three different towers, spacious rooms, great view to Marina, Garden and Sea makes this hotel one of the best. Room rate ranges from 250 SGD to 1500 SGD. Dining here is expensive. They have a big casino, shopping, cinema and gardens attached to hotel.
- Pan Pacific Singapore – one of the most famous hotel chains in Singapore. Situated in Marina Area this is a beautiful hotel. Preferred for the people who eat Indian Food as their buffet have Indian Menu and they have a fine dining Indian Restaurant – RANG MAHAL. Room Rates ranges from 200 SGD to 1000 SGD.
- W Hotel Sentosa – Right in Sentosa Island, W Hotel is a beach resort. It has beautiful sea view rooms. If you are with kids and want to spend most of the time in water sports, resort world this is one of the best hotel options. Room Rate range from 200 SGD to 1000 SGD.
Mandarin Oriental – One of another hotel in Marina Square. It gives you great view of City and Marina Area. Room Rate range from 150 SGD to 600 SGD.
- Night Safari: Night Safari is a night zoo. Open from 7 pm to Night. It gives you a great chance to see animals in tram. You can walk too. From Lion, elephant, deer and zebra you can see variety of animals. Ticket is required for the same.
- Sea Aquarium – One of the biggest aquariums in the world. This is situated in Sentosa Island. Approx. 3 hours is the time required to visit the complete aquarium. There is almost all type of fishes there. Sharks, jelly fishes, Nemo etc. Ticket Charges for the same is approx. 35 SGD.
Songs of the Sea – This is a musical show on the beach of Sentosa Resort World. Graphics are played on water. Happen every day in evening after sun set
Gardens by the Bay – Right behind the Marina Bay Sands Hotel these are one of the famous tourist attractions of Singapore. There are many tree towers and you can take a walk-in tree. There is a light and sound show which happen every evening 3-4 times. There is no entrance fees for the same
- Shoppes by the Bay – One of the most luxurious Shopping complexes. This complex has most famous brands of the world. A waterfall and boat ride inside the complex are the highlights. Coffee shops, Food Courts, Restaurant one can spend a whole day here.
Singapore Flyer – A 60 min ride in the giant wheel will show you the Singapore from a different angle. You can enjoy a perfect evening in the wheel. Drinks and food is allowed in the cabin. Ticket Charges for the same is approx. 30 SGD
One Altitude Bar– Its highest alfresco roof top bar in the world situated at 64 floor of Raffles Square building. You have to pay 35 SGD cover charges which includes a drink and you can have the best night view of Singapore.
Merlion – Most famous landmark of the city in Marina Area. You can have a beautiful view of the city from here. Light and sound show at MBS can be best viewed from here.
- Universal Studio Singapore – Best Tourist place from Family and Kids. Trip to Madagascar, Journey to Land of Mummies, Save the world with Transformers, Light Camera Action with Steven Spielberg are major tourist attractions. There are many food courts and exciting rides which one can enjoy. Ticket price is approx. 90 SGD.
- Little India – As the name suggest its area full on Indian Restaurants and shopping. One of the most vibrant tourist places in Singapore. Can be reached thru taxi from any place in Singapore. You have big shopping complex to shop for your near and dear ones.